Tax Manager – Tacoma, WA
VALiNTRY’s CPA Division works exclusively in Public Accounting as a premier, nationwide provider of staffing services for Big 4, Large, Mid-size and Small firms. Current or/and very recent Public Accounting experience will be REQUIRED.
About this Opportunity:
We are looking for an experienced, highly motivated and energetic Tax Manager to lead and manage multiple tax engagements to deliver quality tax services to our clients.
A successful candidate for the Tax Manager role will have experience conceptualizing, developing, and monitoring the work flow for tax preparation in a public accounting setting.
Managers are expected to develop their own professional networks. This position offers excellent opportunities for leadership, training and mentoring younger staff, and partnership potential.
- 6 weeks Compensated Time Off annually
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- 401(k) Plan with matching contributions
- Flexible Spending Account (with PPO Medical Plan)
- Health Savings Account (with High Deductible Medical Plan)
- Professional Licensing and CPE paid for by the firm
- 7 holidays per year
- The Tax Manager will build relationships and interact with clients to provide excellent planning, consulting and expertise;
- Review federal and state income tax returns for individuals, businesses, fiduciary/trust returns, and exempt organizations;
- Perform tax research; provide innovative tax planning;
- Identify and mitigate task risks;
- Train and supervise tax staff and assess their performance;
- Manage and coordinate tax audits; and
- Improve processes by developing or implementing best practices.
- BS in Accounting or MS in Taxation
- CPA certification
- 5+ years of very recent experience within a CPA firm
- Excellent knowledge of tax accounting, tax compliance and all types of tax returns
- Detail oriented and highly analytical
- Experience with state and federal tax audits
- Research proficiency using RIA and CCH platforms
- Superior accounting and analytical skills
- Proficiency using Engagement, Excel, Word and Outlook
Bachelor's Degree Required
5+ years of recent public accounting experience required